Saturday, November 05, 2011

An Untraditional Christmas

Let It Snow Small Layered Flower Bow
& Snowmen Pigtail Bow Pairs
The traditional Christmas colors have always been red and green. I did some research and found out that there was actually a really good reason behind these colors. Red signifies the blood of Christ, and green symbolizes life, as in the eternal life offered by Jesus. I can understand the reasoning behind these colors being synonymous with Christmas and do not promise to try to change this. But, if I have to be honest, SOMETIMES, it is really dull seeing red and green EVERYWHERE (trees, wreaths, ribbon, dresses, Santa hats, Santa suits, poinsettias.... get the point?)


I know that quite a few times, I found myself wishing that I could find just ONE dress that wasn't one of those two colors. Last year for instance, I was trying to find a nice, pretty pink dress. No such luck. Now, Kacey's Princess Bowtique is by no means into the dress making stage (at least not yet), but I am very pleased to announce that I am offering Winter/Christmas bows that breakaway from the traditional color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment